It was one of those days when the air was cool, I had Chris Stapleton playing on Pandora, my house was clean and all three kids were being angels.
One of those days when Ada wants to paint, Grey wants to hold my hands and dance and the baby was taking sweet long naps.
The perfect day to get in the mood to bake!
Before I had gone into labor with Wes, we had been out for a long drive and found a farm stand in the country selling peaches from South Carolina, Jay (who doesn’t like peaches) pointed it out and stopped to get some for the kids and I.
By the time I got home from giving birth to Westley, the peaches were perfectly soft to bake.
Naturally a crumble was the way to go!
We had some blueberries on hand too so we added those for a little extra burst of flavor!
This crumble can be made with any type of fruit, I’m planning on apple next, or maybe even pear!
I use maple syrup in place of sugar, but the butter just had to stay- whats better than a perfect buttery crispy crumble?!
Bobs Red Mill is our favorite brand for Oats, especially in a crumble! We also use organic maple syrup, cinnamon and flour, but use whatever you’ve got!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl add your dry ingredients and stir with a fork.
Add your cubed butter and using a pastry blender (shown above) or two knives, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it forms a pea sized crumb.
In a separate bowl, add peeled and sliced peaches and blueberries and toss in the maple syrup.
Add the fruit mixture to your pie dish and grab your favorite helper to top it off with the crumble.
Pop into the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until it looks golden and crisp on top.
Let cool for a bit on a wire rack, top with your favorite vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy!
- For the Crumble:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- For the Blueberry & Peach Filling:
- 4-5 good sized peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp lemon juice plus the zest of the lemon
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
- Add dry ingredients to bowl, stir with a fork
- Add butter. Using a pastry blender or two knives cut butter into dry ingredients until it forms small pea sized crumbs
- Add fruit, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest and the cinnamon to a bowl and stir.
- Pour fruit mixture into a glass pie dish
- Cover the fruit mixture with the crumble
- Bake at 350 degrees f until crumble is golden on top (35-45 minutes)